Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

WIllie Wagtail by Emma- Jane

Look at this Willie Wagtail helping with the garden! What a lucky person to have such a friendly Willie Wagtail. I wish I had a WIllie Wagtail.

I have seen Willie Wagtails in Granny's garden. I think they nest in the trees with pink flowers. I really, really would like to find a nest one day and keep it but if it had eggs, I would keep them warm and look after the babies when they hatched and then let them free when they were old enough. Maybe I wouldn't do that because when the mother came back she would be very sad. Maybe I could capture the mother so she could look after her own eggs; maybe not as wild birds are happiest free. But it would be nice to tame a wild bird. I would like to have a male and a female then they could have eggs. Do you know that Willie wagtail's nests are cup shaped and are made with spider web threads.

Willie Wagtails are back and white. They are tiny birds and waggle their tails. Wiggle Wagtails can catch their food in the air. They eat insects and worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment