Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Porcupines: the tineist, cutest porcupine in the entire world!

Do you know that we don't get porcupines here in Australia? We do get echidnas but no porcupines.

A friend in Ireland sent me these photographs of a porcupine from a friend in South Africa. I miss them here.
Poci says, "These funny creatures are .....interesting, why are they peering at me so much?"

"Maybe they are scary I had better hide away from them...ooops forgot to turn onto my tummy, not much good defending myself like this - ehh???"

"I guess I should do it as they do it in Madagascar, 'just smile and wave, smile and wave' "


Don't ask me if you get porcupines in Madagascar, I have enough problems identifying after being in the tri nations!( NZ, SA, And Au.)

Do you know the difference between porcupine and echidna? See


1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo cute!! I had a porcupine for a pet once when I was a child. He would flatten his pens when I wanted to pick him up and loved to sit on my lap. Then one day he died and my heart was broken. I learned a very hard lesson that day to leave wild little animals where they belong and where they are happy- this one died because he missed his home.

    ReplyDelete